Sunday 18 December 2011

LoKo: Korean Dance Workshop in London









The workshop is full swing - there's me in black and bright pink converse! 
 As someone who has spent a lot of time trying to learn K-pop dance routines off videos on youtube (and frequently failed or given up), I found a smart solution while surfing facebook where I found a London based Korean dance workshop! Held on the 18th December, I quickly signed up and waited with anticipation for the day...

So, Sunday morning and I was up and out early to go to my first workshop which was held up in Finsbury Park. Run by the recently formed "LoKo" Group, their increasingly popular previous dance workshops have had nothing but great success with the most recent one even being taken by none other than a choreographer from SM Entertainment! I was really hyped having seen the amazing 9 song remixed playlist that we'd be dancing too including Mr Simple, Dr Feel Good, I Am The Best, Fiction, Neverland, Hot Summer, Cry Cry, The Boys and Paradise (which was definitely the most popular song on the day...all that thrusting!)



We danced from 10-5 stopping only for an hour or so for lunch. We were taught by Caroline, Isabelle and Tammy who each taught three of the nine songs. All were really great - going through the choreography at a pace that everyone could follow before throwing in the music - just to keep us all on our toes!!! We all had great fun learning the dance whether it was the thrusting in Infinite's Paradise, Minzy's dance solo from I Am The Best or the infamously difficult penguin dance from B2ST's Fiction, we all had a really good time. It was a pretty tough day but I think everyone really enjoyed themselves and it was well worth the effort at the end.
I had so much fun and for anyone who is based in London, I would highly recommend coming along to the next workshop. As clichéd as it sounds, I made lots of new friends and got to spend most of the day dancing to Kpop and my breaks chatting to everyone about everything Korean. I was lucky enough to get the chance to sit down and have a chat with some fellow bloggers from KoreanClassMassive so if you get the chance, you should definitely go and check out their blog - http://koreanclassmassive.blogspot.com. After that, we did a few final run-throughs of the dance before everyone went home...knowing that tomorrow they probably wouldn't be able to move...!

                                                               All in all - a great day!
A class photo at the end of the workshop

Me with Tammy - one of the workshop teachers and also a good friend of mine from last year's MBC

1 comment:

  1. Unquestionably imagine that that you said. Your favourite justification seemed to be at the web the simplest factor to take into account of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked at the same time as other people consider concerns that they
    plainly don't recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

    Also visit my web page: best registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete